My name is Duck. People also call me ‘stuffed animal’, ‘Frankenstein’ and ‘what the hell is that thing?!’. I live with Kate and Chris and we are currently preparing to make a big move to Vancouver. They’ve sold it to me on the basis that I can hook up with some Canada geese (the bad boys of the bird world!), as I am getting a bit old for big trips now – I’m 25
which is 232 in duck years so I get a bit tired!
Kate and Chris have been going on and on about this trip and they’ve even made a list of all the places they want to see (pretty sad if you ask me!). I have looked over it, though, and decided to include it, as I am sure we’ll be seeing a lot of it in the future months:
1. Vancouver island and Victoria
2. Rocky mountain trip – Banff, Jasper, etc!!
4. Whistler (and sea to sky highway)
5. Whale watching
Local things to see/do:
1. Granville island
2. Lynn Canyon
3. Grouse mountain (annual y2play ski pass already purchased!!)
– learn to ski (ever seen a duck on skis?!)
– go zip lining (bit like flying!)
– eye of the wind tour
4. Stanley park – remember how to cycle!! (or sit in a basket at the front of a bike)
5. Jericho beach
6. Deep Cove
7. North Shore
8. The Aquarium
9. Science Museum
10.Sea plane trip
My main concern is the massive bed bug problem, but I’ve been assured by Kate (with help from http://www.bedbugregistry.com/ – yes there is a real site for bed bugs to register on!!) that Kitsilano might be a safe place for me to spread my wings (inside, obviously). I’ll be updating a bit before we go with some other useful stuff that I pick up whilst looking over Kate’s shoulder. It’s gonna be a big adventure for an old bird with one leg!